Finalist in the AFR Best PlaceS to Work 2021
JOIN THE FAMILY
If you would like to join the ABA family and you feel that you can contribute to one (or all!) of our brands in a positive way, then we would love to hear from you.
Australian Brands Alliance is a successful start-up fashion house proudly presenting the following brands; Tussah, Chancery, Calli, BWLDR, The Fated, Willa, Reux, Sável and St MRLO.
From our success we have many exciting growth plans in place and therefore seeking a passionate and inquisitive Merchandise Planner to join our family!
This role requires a highly motivated individual with strong technical skills and experience working with high volume of SKU’s and a fast turnaround time.
Reporting directly to the Management Accountant, this role is a crucial member of the team that helps to maximise sales and profitability of the assigned area through in-depth analysis and effective inventory management. The right candidate will play a key role in reporting and analysing data to support critical business decisions and to achieve the right product mix to drive commercial success and deliver financial targets. You will be managing the OTB as well as developing strategies to build profitable ranges, optimising inventory and sales by ensuring we have the right stock at the right time.
- Build, implement and manage assortment plans to achieve department financial KPIs
- Identify core styles, develop line card plans to analyse their performance and forecast sales and intake potential
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the financial projection within the department, recommending appropriate actions as required
- Trade in-season and review post-season performance
- Manage the department stock levels and stock turn
- Support Management Accountant in developing seasonal merchandise strategy
- Control markdown activity, targeting areas of concern to deliver Sell Through targets but also maintain profitability
- Format and produce adhoc reports and analysis as required by the Planning team
- Work closely with Management accountant and planning team on strategies moving forward, identify best practice, review lessons learnt, improve performance and day to day running of the department
- Maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Excellent understanding of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- A proven track record in merchandise planning, preferably with an omni channel fashion retail background
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to work in an agile, high-pace and rapidly changing environment, react appropriately and efficiently, and identify solutions
- An understanding of the critical path and their impact on delivery
- Strong financial and commercial business acumen
- Ability to work effectively autonomously but also collaboratively as part of a team
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in an Junior Planner role OR 12 months in a Merchadise Planner role
As a member of the ABA team, you are encouraged to think big and dive into challenging work that has a direct impact on the direction and success of the business.
We encourage a culture of ownership, innovation and creativity providing opportunities for personal learning and professional growth. We believe in creating a dynamic and uplifting environment. We believe a work-life balance is an important aspect of a healthy work environment.
At Australian Brands Alliance we are constantly striving to reinvent and improve our processes and to make all our brands drive commercial success whilst being consciously aware.
Beyond a devotion to premium design, at ABA we are committed to socially responsible business initiatives for the future of fashion. Through the considered sourcing of fabrications, support of an ethical supply chain and conscious avoidance of harmful chemicals, we endeavour to maintain the ethical production and distribution of our products.
Australian Brands Alliance is committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment which values and respects diversity and equity.If you believe you have the above requirements – please APPLY HERE!